Excellent! – Happy customers of Central Park Tours Inc / https://www.centralparktours.net / from Dallas, TX.
Central Park is definitely one of the must-see attractions in the New York City. It attracts over 37 million tourists every year, as many amazing tourist sights are concentrated in this beautiful park. Since it is large in a territory, covering 850 acres, it is impossible to take a look at all the major attractions it offers by foot, especially if your time is limited.
For this reason, there are various Central Park Tours available to meet the needs of all these curious tourists. However, the fastest and the cheapest way to examine the wonders of this park is taking a bicycle tour, which continues for 2 hours and includes all of the major Central Park marvels.
Advantages of the Central Park Bike Tours
Taking a Central Park Bike Tour has multiple advantages.
- It is offered multiple times throughout the day, so people can take it regardless of the time they arrive.
- It is family friendly, so tourists and their families are welcome.
- It is guided by a polite and professional guide, who will tell you the most intriguing and important information about each specific sight.
- All the bicycles are well-maintained and of high quality to ensure safe and memorable tours.
Central Park Landmarks
The duration of the Central Park Bike Tour is 2 hours, during which period you will get acquainted with the most significant attractions of the park. These include:
- Strawberry Fields, which cover a territory of 2.5 acre. This beautiful area is lined with elm trees, rocks, flowers and shrubs and is a quiet zone in the park away from the busy attractions. It pays tribute to John Lennon. The Imagine black and white mosaic is named after the Lennon’s popular song Imagine. There is also a bronze plaque with a list of over 120 countries that donated money for this area maintenance and planted flowers here. The Strawberry Fields is now also known as the Garden of Peace.
- The Shakespeare Garden is a great place for relaxing and strolls. It is particularly vibrant in spring time with its lovely flora and provides a romantic and serene atmosphere that is perfect for organizing weddings. The Delacorte Theatre is located nearby, where “Shakespeare in the Park” series are held annually during the summer.
- The Wollman Ice Skating Rink is surrounded by the Manhattan’s splendor and provides unique ice-skating experience. The attraction is open from the end of October to the beginning of April.
- Jackie Onassis Reservoir is a lovely large lake located in the northern part of the Central Park.
- Bethesda Terrace with its breathtaking views of the woods and the Central Park Lake consists of upper and lower terraces. The latter features a majestic Bethesda Fountain.
- The Belvedere Castle features two balconies with panoramic views to the Ramble, The Turtle Pond, the Great Lawn, the Delacorte Theatre and other significant landmarks of the Central Park. There is a large collection of history artifacts inside, along with telescopes and microscopes to help the naturalists examine the world. This castle is also a great location for birdwatchers, who would like to take a look at kestrel, hawk or
- The Great Meadow lies on 23 acres and involves twelve large fields that can be used for baseball, softball, soccer or touch football.
If you are in the Central Park for the first time, it is definitely worth to take one of the adventurous Central Park Bike Tours.
Because of the so called bicycle boom in the end of the 19th century bicycles became very popular in many cities. New York was not an exception. Bicycles have been used for recreational purposes as well as a convenient and fast way of transportation. Later however more and more people were able to afford cars and stopped using their bicycles.
Today bicycles are still used for utility cycling and commuting over short distances. These include delivery of various stock and going to work over short distances when the weather is good. Various bikes are used depending on the weight of the loads that have to be delivered. Bicycle messengers use bicycles with thinner wheels while the bikes used for fast food delivery are often mountain bikes which allow for bigger carrying capacity. However the use of bicycles is very minimal and this is why parks like Central Park promote bicycling. During a limited time on weekdays and all weekend the use of motor vehicles is banned in the area of the park. This encourages people to use bicycles which they can either borrow from one of many bike rental stations or bring their own. The bikes that are available for rent are brand new and include helmets, locks and free maps.
Tours are conducted every day in the park. They include certified tour guides who will be by your side while you explore the most astonishing sites of the parks like Bike Tours, Pedicab Tours, Walking Tours and even Brooklyn Bridge Bike Tour. There are several annual recreational rides in New York City like the Five Boro Bike Tour. Other companies organize road races in Central Park. They are available on some weekday evenings and during the weekend.
If you want to ride your bicycle away from the noise and exhaust fumes of vehicles do not hesitate to come to Central Park. Whether you want to take a tour, race or just enjoy a ride you can do it in the beautiful Central Park and take advantage of our services!
Ask yourself: How much have you been busy the past months? How much time you waist to go to work and get back to home every single day? When did you last went out for a walk in the nature? When did you last do something with your friends different than going to the bar?
You probably reached to a conclusion that you haven’t done something else than being busy all the time. This reflects on your emotions too! How have you been feeling lately? Has this busy world made you happy for at least one time? Take a break and escape the big city! Central Park can be the happy place for you!
And how can we help you? We offer different fun tours around Central Park! But why should you go to a Central Park tour? Our tours gather lots of people from different countries and cultures – what a better way to escape your monotonous everyday life or you can even meet the love of your life there, who knows?
We offer bike and walking tours – what a better excuse to ditch the grey sweaty gym for a day? Instead of cycling on the spin bike or walking on the treadmill have fun with the other tourists while exploring Central Park! It won’t even feel like you’re exercising! I’m sure you will feel better outside in the fresh and clean air!
If you are too tired from work and you want to enjoy yourself around the nature of Central Park or make a romantic surprise to your loved one, we can offer you our rickshaws! Our pedicab tours are perfect for you if you want to take a 50-minute break from your daily life. Just sit back and relax around the nature of Central Park.
Aren’t you excited yet? Take a break! Create happy moments in your life! As it’s said: You only live once, right? Don’t spend your whole life on the road to work and in the office! See our official tours or rent a bike now!
NYC is the perfect place to blow out your savings while bursting the night on Saturday evening. Only in Manhattan, you can find hundreds of busy places you can hang out. NYC has gone quite a long way in its clubbing experience. Continue reading “Best Clubs and Bars In NYC”