Most romantic places in Central Park
Yaaay! She finally has agreed to go out on a date with you! Now, where should you take her? You need to stay classy, but be different at the same time. Well, the answer is simple – Central Park! The park is rich in quiet, private places, just for you two to enjoy. Here are the places that we can recommend.
1. Cherry Hill
- what is more beautiful than the blooming cherry trees? Nothing (except your date of course)! The fountain at the center is amazing and adds up to the romantic vibe of the place. Cherry Hill is a pretty quiet and serene place, right at the heart of Central Park. It provides an amazing view to the Lake and Bow Bridge. Speaking of Bow Bridge…
2. Bow Bridge
- considered the romantic heart of Central Park, Bow Bridge was featured in several romantic movies like “Spider Man 3”, “Manhattan”, “You've Got Mail”, and “Keeping the Faith”. It is a great meeting place, as well as for long romantic walks over the Lake.
3. Conservatory Water
- there is something romantic in watching the model sailboats plowing the waters of the pond. You can easily imagine that you are at the French Riviera. The statues of Alice in Wonderland and Hans Christian Anderson are a great meeting spot.
4. Conservatory Garden
- it is divided into three unique sections – English, French, and Italian, all at your disposal. The main attraction of the French is the Untermayer Fountain, with its Three Dancing Maidens. The Italian one offers a meadow, perfect to lay down your blanket and picnic basket, as well as a pretty fountain. The English garden is probably the most popular of the three, with its flowers, specially selected to have a bed blooming every season. It also has a small pool along with a fountain featuring a boy and a girl, inspired by “The Secret Garden” by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
5. Shakespeare Garden
- the best place to visit if you want to feel like Romeo and Juliette (without the warring families). Fun fact – its first name was he Garden of the Heart. Romantic, huh? It was renamed in 1916 in honor of William Shakespeare, and was re-planted only with plants, mentioned in his plays.
6. Belvedere Castle
- it is just next to the Shakespeare Garden. If you want to make your date feel like royalty – go there. It is at the highest point of Central Park, so the vistas are tremendous. It also fields a lawn and a lake, perfect for a romantic picnic.
7. Wollman Rink
- the best place for winter dates. Just take your date’s hand and skate together. Just like in “Serendipity”. And it is not as populous as most rinks around New York.
8. The Boathouse Restaurant
- you can pick your view – be it the Lake and Bow Bridge, or Bethesda Terrace. All this, combined with a summer sunset, or a starry evening, along with the great kitchen of the restaurant can make up an amazing finale of a date in the park.
9. The Carousel
- what can be more fun than a ride at the vintage carousel? Just like the dates from the old movies – the boy and the girl go to the fair. Amazing as both a start and an end to the date.
10. Bethesda Fountain
- a great place to just casually hang out, or gaze at the amazing view. The architecture of the place takes you to another, more romantic time.
- there are various activities that can turn your date a lot more fun! A visit to the zoo, have a romantic carriage ride, ride some bikes, play at the Pinetum Playground, play some games at the Chess & Checkers, or just stroll casually around the park.
Yes, there are a lot of fancy bars and restaurants all around Manhattan, we really like some of them, too. But you must be creative, and step outside of the casual, be more adventurous and creative! Center Park awaits!
12. Romantic Places in New York
We showcased some of the the most romantic spots in Central Park. If you are looking for some hidden gems in NYC, check out Dating Experts. Here you will find a complete guide on all the top spots in New York, including tips and little secrets on how to surprise your loved one. Make sure you check their "What Daters Say" section, which provides a very helpful feedback from real people!