Excellent! – Happy customers of Central Park Tours Inc / https://www.centralparktours.net / from Dallas, TX.
Central Park is definitely one of the must-see attractions in the New York City. It attracts over 37 million tourists every year, as many amazing tourist sights are concentrated in this beautiful park. Since it is large in a territory, covering 850 acres, it is impossible to take a look at all the major attractions it offers by foot, especially if your time is limited.
For this reason, there are various Central Park Tours available to meet the needs of all these curious tourists. However, the fastest and the cheapest way to examine the wonders of this park is taking a bicycle tour, which continues for 2 hours and includes all of the major Central Park marvels.
Advantages of the Central Park Bike Tours
Taking a Central Park Bike Tour has multiple advantages.
- It is offered multiple times throughout the day, so people can take it regardless of the time they arrive.
- It is family friendly, so tourists and their families are welcome.
- It is guided by a polite and professional guide, who will tell you the most intriguing and important information about each specific sight.
- All the bicycles are well-maintained and of high quality to ensure safe and memorable tours.
Central Park Landmarks
The duration of the Central Park Bike Tour is 2 hours, during which period you will get acquainted with the most significant attractions of the park. These include:
- Strawberry Fields, which cover a territory of 2.5 acre. This beautiful area is lined with elm trees, rocks, flowers and shrubs and is a quiet zone in the park away from the busy attractions. It pays tribute to John Lennon. The Imagine black and white mosaic is named after the Lennon’s popular song Imagine. There is also a bronze plaque with a list of over 120 countries that donated money for this area maintenance and planted flowers here. The Strawberry Fields is now also known as the Garden of Peace.
- The Shakespeare Garden is a great place for relaxing and strolls. It is particularly vibrant in spring time with its lovely flora and provides a romantic and serene atmosphere that is perfect for organizing weddings. The Delacorte Theatre is located nearby, where “Shakespeare in the Park” series are held annually during the summer.
- The Wollman Ice Skating Rink is surrounded by the Manhattan’s splendor and provides unique ice-skating experience. The attraction is open from the end of October to the beginning of April.
- Jackie Onassis Reservoir is a lovely large lake located in the northern part of the Central Park.
- Bethesda Terrace with its breathtaking views of the woods and the Central Park Lake consists of upper and lower terraces. The latter features a majestic Bethesda Fountain.
- The Belvedere Castle features two balconies with panoramic views to the Ramble, The Turtle Pond, the Great Lawn, the Delacorte Theatre and other significant landmarks of the Central Park. There is a large collection of history artifacts inside, along with telescopes and microscopes to help the naturalists examine the world. This castle is also a great location for birdwatchers, who would like to take a look at kestrel, hawk or
- The Great Meadow lies on 23 acres and involves twelve large fields that can be used for baseball, softball, soccer or touch football.
If you are in the Central Park for the first time, it is definitely worth to take one of the adventurous Central Park Bike Tours.